Work Health and Safety Policy
- To provide a workplace that is free from risks to health and safety by implementing the highest possible standards to protect workers’ health, safety, mental and social wellbeing.
- To engage and consult with all workers and others affected by our business or undertakings to ensure hazards are identified and the risks associated with them removed or reduced to the greatest degree.
- To create a workplace environment where workers and others affected by our business or undertakings are encouraged and supported to raise health and safety issues and help reduce and manage them.
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our business or undertakings.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act, the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations, relevant Codes of Practice and relevant Australian Standards.
Management will ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and wellbeing of:
- all workers engaged or caused to be engaged by us
- all workers whose activities in carrying out work are influenced or directed by us
- People, by ensuring they are not put at risk from work carried out as part of our business undertakings.
We will also:
- provide and maintain a work environment free from risks to health and safety
- provide and maintain safe plant (equipment), structures and safe systems of work
- ensure the safe use, handling and storage of plant (equipment), structures and substances
- provide adequate facilities for the welfare of workers in carrying out work
- provide any information, training, instruction or supervision that is necessary to protect all people from risks to their health and safety arising from work activities
- ensure that the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace are monitored for the purpose of preventing illness or injury of workers arising from our business
- consult with workers on all matters relating to health and safety.
Workers: While at work, our workers must:
- take reasonable care for their own health, safety and wellbeing
- take reasonable care that what they do, or what they do not do, does not adversely affect the health and safety of other people
- comply (so far as they are reasonably able to) with any reasonable instruction given by management
- co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure for work health or safety that has been communicated to them
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for work health and safety
- report all incidents and near misses immediately, no matter how trivial
- engage in consultation with management to identify, assess and control hazards and the effectiveness of such controls
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager as soon as possible.
Applying this policy
We seek the co-operation of all workers, contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by our business or undertakings.
We encourage and support suggestions to create a safe working environment as a result of all possible preventative measures being taken.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.
Reviewing this policy
Management will review this policy annually, in consultation with workers:
- to assess the effectiveness of the policy
- by reviewing our overall health and safety performance
- monitoring the effectiveness of policies and procedures.
Communicating this policy
This policy (and related procedures) shall be displayed in our workplace/s.
All workers, contractors and others affected by our business or undertakings will be provided with a copy through their manager/supervisor.
New workers will be provided with a copy as part of their induction.